Eurovision Song Contest 2013

10 June Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Special
20th May 2013 - 25th May 2013, 2nd June 2013 - 9th June 2013

After the success of my first Eurovision special last year, how could I not review my favourites from one of the biggest music competitions in the world? This year it was held in Malmö, Sweden because Loreen won last year with "Euphoria" in Baku, Azerbaijan.

Unlike last year, I actually watched the Semi Finals, the reason being is that I thought there would have been good acts that failed to make it through, and surprisingly I was right. There were four acts I was rooting for that failed to make the final. These four have been included in my special this year around.

The final was an engaging contest, with one of the most competitive years, especially with the winner being within grasps of second and third, it was one of the most closest competitions I have watched (which isn't many to be honest). With so many great acts I have been unable to narrow down my favourites. Hence why this special is going to last two weeks.

In total 39 countries participated, and 26 of which took part in the final. Yet again, to prevent myself from being biased I will review the UK's entry first, then follow through with the acts who ended up with a low placing, all the way up to the winner. I have a total of 17 favourites and I shall reveal them once a day

So are you all ready? I hope you check back everyday for my favourites of this year. And here they are...

UK - Bonnie Tyler - Believe In Me
Latvia - PeR - Here We Go
Austria - Natália Kelly - Shine
Switzerland - Takasa - You And Me
Montenegro - Who See Featuring Nina Žižić - Igranka
Ireland - Ryan Dolan - Only Love Survives
Finland - Krista Siegfrids - Marry Me
--Went on holiday for a week, with no internet, SORRY--
Germany - Cascada - Glorious
Belarus - Alyona Lanskaya - Solayoh
Georgia - Nodi Tatishvili & Sophie Gelovani - Waterfall
Sweden - Robin Stjernberg - You
Greece - Koza Mostra Feat. Agathon Iakovidis - Alcohol Is Free
Russia - Dina Garipova - What If
Norway - Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love
Ukraine - Zlata Ognevich - Gravity
Azerbaijan - Farid Mammadov - Hold Me / Bana Dönsen
Winning Entry - Denmark - Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops