Eurovision 2012 Special

04 June Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Eurovision 2012 Special
28th May 2012 - 3rd June 2012
So it's been nearly 2 months since my last special, so I thought it was time for another one. The Eurovision Song Contest was held in Baku, Azerbaijan on the 26th May 2012, after Eldar & Nigar won last year in Düsseldorf, Germany.

Eurovision is one of the biggest music competitions in the world. For those of you who are unaware, it contains most countries in Europe, and occasionally countries further afield. There are two semi-finals that help to narrow down the amount of countries going through to the final. Then the final, which consisted of 26 acts this year, is then performed and the people at home get to vote. You cannot vote for your own country, and the votes are shared between judges voting and the voting at home.

So to prevent me from being biased, I shall be reviewing the UK entry first, then I will review my favourite seven acts, in order they finished points wise, and then late on Sunday I shall review the winning act. I initially had 11 acts I really liked, so I had to whittle it down to a top seven.

I hope you will all enjoy this Eurovision Special, and if it proves to be popular, it shall return next year. I hope you will visit my blog each day to see who my favourites were.
Estonia - Ott Lepland - Kuula
Italy - Nina Zilli - L'Amore è Femmina (Out Of Love)
Spain - Pastora Soler - Quédate Conmigo
Romania - Mandinga - Zaleilah
Cyprus - Ivi Adamou - La La Love
Ireland - Jedward - Waterline
Hungary - Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts
Winning Entry - Sweden - Loreen - Euphoria

So that is the end of my Eurovision 2012 special, BUT it shall be returning next year, I wonder who will represent the UK, and will we do better than 25th? Let's hope Eurovision 2013, held in Sweden, will be just as good as this year.

Hungary's Entry: Compact Disco's "Sound Of Our Hearts", wins best Eurovision music video from my top 7, there might be better ones from Eurovision 2012, however I've focused on these only. Were these top 7 not your favourites? Would you like me to review one of your favourite Eurovision entries? Then go ahead and suggest it on my facebook page or on my suggestions page or mention me in a tweet on twitter. As this is the only way you'll get to hear what I think of them.

I've enjoyed doing my Eurovision 2012 special, and I hope you all have enjoyed reading my reviews. Until my next special, everything goes back to normal.